There is no need to make the statement at how weird and odd this year is. I guess 2020 will go down in the books as the year everything tanked. Normally I’d be all over the weather channel, keeping tabs on Isaias. And even though no doubt it as impacted a lot of people, we have been focused on everything going haywire around us while attempting to get ready for vacay. But my heart goes to those that have been impacted and I am sorry I’ve not been able to watch the news on it. Prayers for all!
Yesterday morning, I was determined to get the video out. It’s out. Not sure anyone saw it, or cares, but a few did and I appreciated those that commented as it made my day. I worked hard on it. But I do realize the following:
- It’s not going to be my family and friends that will follow, subscribe, and watch. Sure there are a few of you.
- It’s not going to be noticeable on Facebook as it might have a few years ago. FB has probably moved certain video platforms to lower viewing status in their efforts to control what’s being said that is doesn’t fit their plans/model (or political status, lol). I say that b/c I can tell which types of posts I get comments on and which ones I do not.
- It’s not going to get a lot of recognition on YouTube itself as there is too much competition.
- I’m new at it. And don’t really have a lot of skill yet and have basically been doing iPhone videos.
- It’ll be a constant improvement – that was the plan all along.
- I’m not sure I want masses of people watching it right now anyway, LOL.
- And I realize that the vlog watchers are really not even going to be you all that are here. Some of you will, most won’t.
- And this is the biggest one: My camp of Vlogger people IS OUT THERE somewhere. I just have to tap into them. And I will. Just not today. I won’t let the stats get me down. For each video I did, I have less views. They are going down and not up, but I just have to find my “Vlogger People” – lol.
So yeah, that took some time getting the Thumbnail up and getting it published. Was determined. And it’s done.
And then I do the dishes b/c I wanted to as they had piled up. George was staying home but I didn’t want him to have to do them. So I rushed through that and barely had time to get down to the car and head out for work so I’d be there early. Burning the candle at the top of the morning to try to get in to work and get extra hours in so no one complains Thursday at our leaving early so we don’t have to be driving late at night.
So I go to start the car and it won’t work. It was the battery. Thank goodness George was working from home for the dishwasher repair guy. So he was able to go and buy a battery at lunch and get the old one out which took coca cola poured on it as the battery was in bad shape and hard to get loose. He got the new one in.
The dishwasher repair guy didn’t come til late in the afternoon. They refused to let George know when they would be there. The guy came and the dishwasher started right up. Apparently something had blocked the thing that spins that allows the water to flow, back when that last load wasn’t done. Geez. All this time we washed dishes by hand and nothing was really wrong with the dishwasher.
So anyway, I had to take this guy into work yesterday. I noticed that George did not offer for me to use his new ride. LOL Naw….I was given the keys to the old Flinstone Mobile.
And yes, I was in a hurry and went to work with it on E. This is after I got to work so it was above the E when I left. Then yesterday when I left work, I forgot to stop at the station near me but luckily made it to Donelson at the Shell. This car is not very good for the interstate. Sometimes you need to be able to go fast to get out of a situation and this car will not provide that service, lol. And it’s a little wobbly. Easy to go left or right. It’s like an old man out of balance. But thankfully it did get me there and back.
I got there and got the payroll done. It was kind of an interruptive and aggravating day yesterday for a payroll day but it finally got done.
By the time I got home I was just spent. But I was relieved that everything was back to normal. Well, as normal as anything can be this year.
I was glad to see my doggies.
We ate something for dinner and I should have been doing the many things I’d planned to do, but I just couldn’t. I hung out on the Mac and social media for some “time off”. And then after dinner I did a few things. The rest I have to do tonight. A lot more has to be done tonight. Tonight’s the final packing night. Tomorrow’s the day. After work. George is off though but I told him I needed to work a few hours. It’s not a vacay day for me but I will have worked my hours for the week and then some Mon thru Thurs morning.
So off of here to get going. I don’t know if I will be posting again tomorrow. Likely not. It may be while we are on the road. I can blog from my phone. But we’ll see. I may be the one driving.
Prayer requests for safe travels, a safe trip all the way around – no Corona virus, no wrecks, a fun time, no car issues. I kinda won’t believe that this vacation will happen until I see us actually arrive in Texas. Not many plans have made it this year. So I’m kindof expecting something will happen to destroy our trip. Yes I’m a realist. This year has show us that plans are useless, but yet we still try. God says always just say Lord Willing. So that is what I will say. We will soon be in Texas, Lord Willing.
It wasn’t just Maisy that crashed hard at bed time. I joined her, then Roger and George. The sleep was good and much needed.
Now off for another day. Wondering what it will bring. I’m scared to ask.