Arrived home from work on New Year’s Eve and George had a surprise of shrimp and sushi. We were so excited to begin our three day weekend. He fixed a lamb roast and we’ve enjoyed that for a couple of days now. Here it came out of the stove and the temp was not hot enough, you can see the blood dripping, so it had to go back in.
I think we may have just started a new New Year’s tradition. It cracks me up lately that while dinner is being served, Roger lines himself up like he gets a plate too. Yeah he gets a bite later, but he thinks he’s getting his own plate, I promise you.
Yikes. don’t look at my kitchen floor, but now that I called your attention to it. It needs mopping again since Christmas, but I have better things to do – like blog and do videos! I know I know. I’ll get to it – eventually. I can tell you, George cares not what the floor looks like – I can assure you. lol. Do we still have blue linoleum? Point made. But not for long!
Here was our New Year’s Eve meal and of course there was enough to go for two nights.
I loved it. George really went to a lot of trouble with this one. Twice baked potatoes and he creamed the spinach and also had a special glaze for the carrots. It was all so good. I may want this exact meal next New Year’s Eve!
We have gotten into the Flight Attendant! And also watching Virgin River and from way back, Northern Exposure. George doesn’t like Virgin River for some reason as he says it’s too Hallmarkey! But he loves Northern Exposure. To me that one is just as Hallmarkey, lol.
So we went to bed around 10:30 and I don’t remember feeling as good on New Year’s Day getting up. I really liked that. I always felt obligated to stay up. No more! We had our champagne when I got home from work.
I guess this pic was from about 10:00. I think we watched a bit of the news before hitting the bed. Here is George mid yawn, and Roger was pretty much out and did pretty good the last couple of nights.
Yes, I was over there yawning and nodding off long before I took this pic. I texted Katy before bed and asked her if she was getting snow. It sure looked like it. I often check their radar when I check ours, just to see what is going on down there. She texted back that YES it was snowing.
Much to my surprise, George mad me TWO egg and Bacon McMuffin Biscuits with cheese. They were really good, made with real country bacon. The he had the cruelty to ask me to weigh in with him! ha.
So we weighed in and it was probably the most we have both weighed ever. The pandemic sent all rules out the window. So we’ve really got to start eating better. I try but my efforts are thwarted as we end up eating fattening foods at night. ::sigh:: It’s a good sigh though, b/c it’s been some good eating. Which honestly is one of the things we love about living! Good cuisine. We just have to find the goodness in healthier foods and less of it.
Here is my new Winter background on the phone. The trees are blurry but you can’t tell behind all those apps. Feel free to snag it if you want.
Here’s the pic I’m using for the lock screen if you want to snag it.
Next YouTube Video is Live
So I spent some time in my office getting the video done. This one is the longest one. It goes by fast though. But I had to wrap up fall and Maisy getting us up to Christmas. I just needed to wrap up and bring closure with Maisy. I couldn’t split it up in two. It took that much to tell the whole story. I wanted to bring everyone up to date. Not that there are that many watching yet! ha. But this was something I needed to do, to wrap it all up. I’ve already had a complaint that it was too long. But I did what I needed to do. It will be rare when they are this long. I realize no one has 30 minutes of their life to donate to me. lol. So if only my family watches, then I’m fine with it. But I was happy with this video and it was uplifting in many parts. I did not want a sobbing messy video, so I left out all that. It has truly been an adjustment without her. I boohoo’d through some of this video though. It was tough and as I say I needed to get this one done or I might would never do another one. I’d be dreading it.
That said, if you like my videos I’d love to get some likes and please subscribe. I’m trying to reach 100 subscribers. Things start to get better and easy from there and there are some perks as far as reaching my goals. YouTube, the free version. I’m searchable under Less Hustle More Coffee. Then you will be notified when the next one comes out. I appreciate your support always. The link is in the previous blog post.
I was able to do some vlogging with the new wide angle lens.
If you noticed the paper clip – I put that there to add my notes to it for my filming. That way I don’t have to look down for the next point and it “helps” my rambling so I don’t have to edit so much. Good gosh I can ramble! Getting further down the curve here.
It’s Snowing in Texas!
Stealing Katebugs photos. It’s just gorgeous out there on the ranch.
Pretty card also from my Sister in Law, that I came across again while cleaning and organizing my desk yesterday. My office was a complete mess by the time New Year’s arrived. I spent a LOT of time in my office this weekend.
I am keeping this in my iphone photos to use as a lock screen photo soon. I had so much to share today. I know it’s a long post. Life happens so fast before I can get it posted. Well it was that last video I spent probably more than 30 hours on. It’s about 1 hour per minute and that was over 30 minutes. But here is the Year in Review….
Year in Review
The year started off fairly normal and went weird and wacky past March but lots of wonderful things happened in the year anyway.
- Went to a wonderful Giovanni’s Italian dinner for my birthday and also went to Bar Taco with Kevin and Susan for my Birthday (BIL and SIL)
- Went to see Little Women with my neighbor Christy. I guess that was the last time I was in a movie theatre.
- Went to dinner with Kevin and Susan at Nicky’s Coal Fired pizza and a brewery before that. I think this might have been Kevin’s birthday.
- Went to spend the night with Mom in February and spent time with her.
- Scheduled a trip to see my Aunt and Uncle in Amelia Island but had to cancel it by May due to the virus.
- In March we had a wonderful get together with Don and Lisa. I think this was the last time I’ve seen them this year. I’ve actually shed tears over missing them. They are family to us.
- Also in March Katy and I went to Tulsa for a girls weekend, right as the nation began shutting down with the virus. It was a strange, sad, scary, but yet fun as we could make it weekend.
- In May we went to see Mom for Mother’s Day and kept our distance. It was a beautiful day.
- Also attended the first of many virtual showers over the year including some of Katy’s.
- In May Katy and Cody came home and made their wonderful announcement about our grandchild coming soon.
- I gave a virtual shower myself in June for my niece and nephew.
- Went to some private pool parties with friends in mid May and also in the summer.
- Rescheduled our vacation to Texas to attend the Gender Reveal party.
- Spent Father’s Day with friends who also did not get to see their family on Father’s Day.
- Celebrated with Mom on her birthday in July.
- August came and we went to the Gender Reveal party in Texas and stopped in Hot Springs, Arkansas on the way back.
- George and I went out quite a few times to eat and shop during August up until Halloween. Virus cases began to build and it was more risky to go out.
- We celebrated Thanksgiving alone at home as the virus had spread to the families of coworkers and we didn’t want to chance it.
- We lost our Maisy early in December. It was tough to get ready for Christmas but in a way it was best we had so much to do. Because this was hard. It still hurts so much and I miss her.
- We celebrated Christmas by having Mom and Aunt Martha and Uncle Ken over. They decided to chance it and we had a lovely time.
- Nashville’s 2nd Ave was bombed on Christmas day.
Books in Review
I’m cheating a bit to do this. I’m tired of typing and you are probably LONG PAST reading. So I’ve taken photos of the books I’ve read this year. The lighting was not very good on this so I apologize.
Goals and Bucket Lists Have To Wait
I was going to share my bucket list and Goals for the new year, but….I’ve typed way too much already. So I’ll save something for tomorrow.
I need to get some lunch and work on things in the house some. But I’m pleased the new video is up and I’m pleased as punch to have today and tomorrow left to get Christmas stuff up. I’ve already started but just stopped to do video once I had George’s segment filmed.
Ya’ll take care and let me know what you think of the video. Link on the previous post’s entry!
Take care and HAPPY NEW YEAR!