Cargo Van Move, Day 1

Good morning! Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone! Enjoy your three day weekend!

We began our Saturday morning with a trip to Enterprise for the Cargo Van and was told, “What? That is interesting as we don’t lease cargo vans here at this location!”. Oh geez, here we go. Luckily, the guy found us in the system. And it was at the Nashville location on Lebanon Road and not the Mount Juliet location on Lebanon Rd. Yes Lebanon Rd was a long road and so when George made the reservation he assumed it was the one near us. I mean, easy mistake to make. So this put a kink in our schedule and slowed us down a bit.

I went to drop George off in Nashville and he headed back home to Mount Juliet to load everything (more boxes, blankets, moving equipment) and headed to Mom’s. I went to Lebanon, the other direction from us, paid for our storage rental and set that up so we didn’t forget to pay it every month. I can see it now, we forget and Mom loses her stuff. ::sigh:: not gonna happen! It didn’t occur to me at all that maybe Mom wouldn’t want that until I saw her face and subsequent panic, when I set up auto deposit. I guess I’m so used to this kind of thing now, I don’t think twice about it. But Mom was agreeable and just said “ok”. It’s only for a few months. And really the best option.

Once I paid up, and checked the code on the gate, I headed to Columbia! I wanted to check the gate code so I could make sure it worked. They close at 1 p.m. on Saturday, but the storage unit we can get in 24/7. But it would sure snarl our plans if they hadn’t programmed our gate code in. I just try to think ahead and avoid all issues! Code worked and I had given George his set of keys to the two storage units the night before and the gate code and the unit numbers.

What is funny is that my mind is going from BLOG mode to VLOG mode these days – it’s a good thing though b/c it used to be I took more photos than videos. Now I end up taking more videos than pics. I’m trying to remember to do both but it takes time to do both and hard to catch life and live life at the same time. So I mainly took video of some things yesterday. So here is the Cargo van and George had it backed up to the front door. Listen to the church bells in the background.

And here is another little video of Fancy who is a little trooper. She is curious about what is happening but sticks close to her Momma, (my Momma).

I was supposed to stop and get lunch for us on the way to Mom’s yesterday as it was lunch time. I had thought what on earth could I take? Mom was tired of sandwiches. I decided on Zaxby’s but I was not able to go through town as some parade was taking place. I think I heard Mom say it was “Mule Day” or something like that. It used to be in April. I don’t know what was going on but I couldn’t get to Zaxby’s and I could have backtracked but decided not to so I stopped hesitantly at Long John Silvers. Their stuff is usually greasy but I noticed no one was in the parking lot so I didn’t stop. That is not a good sign. So then I decided I’d go through and get tacos at a place near Mom. I needed a drive thru! I sat there for 15 minutes and the cars in front of me never moved. Geez folks it’s moving day here! So I pulled off, gave up and decided to just order through Grub Hub and have something delivered. Mom was thrilled they had “Catfish Campus” to deliver!

I got the catfish/chicken combo. I did not need the fried food. But it has been an eating weekend and it is hard to eat right when you eat out. Or have take in, in this case. You look at the salads and remember it has to travel with someone for a few minutes and it’s not always as fresh taken out as it is eating in a restaurant. I didn’t want to be working all day on a puny salad, especially if it had wilted or old lettuce. I’m not familiar with this place’s salads. So I ordered a good hearty meal. George refused to eat saying if he ate he would slow down. He ate one of my hush puppies and ate brisket later after his first drop off to the storage place and stopping to see and visit and feed Roger and change his diaper. Then on back to Columbia for load two.

While George did his drop off of load one, I stayed with Mom to “pack pack pack” he says. We didn’t get as much furniture out as he had hoped. Mom kept a bed he was expecting to move and then couldn’t get the dresser out. He had staged the loads in his mind as to what would go where and the bed was to hold some other things in place, but the bed has to stay because Mom has company and needs the other bed in case she sells her bed. So with company there he cannot move the beds, nor the sofa, and less of the furniture so he’s trying to move what he can and we may have to rent both the u-haul truck and the cargo van again since we won’t get the full use of the van on this trip.

It was 8:30 when we pulled into Mount Juliet. I decided it was much too late for either of us to go to the storage and try to unload that late. George wanted to go to Oscar’s Tacos. Our original hope was that we could try the new ML Rose but the timing did not work out. We got to Oscar’s and it was not open, as we thought. Somehow George had heard it was to open this weekend, but I guess they are delayed. So we ate nearby at PDK Southern kitchen or something like that. We had a clear view of the loaded van and my car so that was good.

They closed at 9:00 and of course at 8:30 p.m. no other fools were eating dinner. lol We both enjoyed a good cold Kolsch as we waited on dinner.

I was baaaaad again. Just nothing but salad on the menu for a lighter fare. I had eaten their salad before and it tasted like it had some kind of cleaner in it. I think it really did. WE got a free meal off THAT. But I was NOT gonna order that again, so I got the hamburger that had bacon, onion straws, aioli, cheese, and some kind of BBQ sauce. The most fattening hamburger a body could get. I ate some of the fries but not all. That’s a lot of fries!

We came home, took showers, and I massaged George’s neck and shoulders as he was having some pain issues with his left shoulder. He said he has to stoop to get into the van and while carrying things it kinda hurts him some. He took Advil before bed so he wouldn’t hurt this morning. I’m only a little sore from carrying and wagging and lifting about 6 suit cases full of clothes. And some loaded boxes here and there if I could lift them.

I felt all my eating sins at 2 a.m. when I had indigestion. I had to take a pill for it as I was so sick at my stomach. And did a quick check of the van and our camera to make sure all ok as we locked the van and had kept it loaded in the driveway. I slept til almost 6.

George kissed me good bye this morning and while he didn’t exactly tell me to “take my time”, he did say “spend some time with Roger”. I told him I’d take a shower, sip coffee, do my blog entry and head back to Mom’s and meet him there.

The coffee is so good this morning!

Meanwhile back in Texas….

Little Roo’s mom is out of school for the summer. And he has decided he is not a fan of green beans (baby food level 1) and squash hurts his tummy. But he loves bananas and sweet potatoes!

Is he not a ham in that hat? And oh my gosh, look at how big he is up against his Momma already! I couldn’t believe it. I see him but I guess next to her I see the scale when he’s all stretched out! What a cute little chubster! I get to see him in a week!

And I need to go and get on the road. I’m missing a pair of capris. I have looked everywhere. Obviously NOT everywhere or I’d have found them. I’m behind on laundry but have done a load this morning. I don’t see them in the laundry. Oh well, if I don’t find them I’ll need to have another pair. I need two or three capri jeans for summer. As of right now apparently I only have ONE! So I have to wear hot jeans today instead, unless I wear leggings. I don’t really want to wear legging’s in case we end up eating out again. Not sure we’ll have time anyway.

Speaking of time. I need to head out! Should have already headed out but “I’ve spent time with Roger”. Kindof.

Ya’ll have a good HOL weekend. Probably will be Sunday when I post again. The every other day thing works out well. Hope that works for you guys as well. There’s probably less opinion going on when I do it that way, lol. Not as much to report on when you blog every day so you end up blurting out how you feel about life. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. But, the weekends I usually have more of a chance to do that, or if something just weighing heavy on my heart. I think doing the videos have been a good outlet for me creative wise and it makes me happy and gives me something to focus on besides “the state of being”. I don’t have to be left with analyzing my world around me and criticizing it to make it better. I can just ignore it and let it be its crazy self. This statement makes me laugh.

What you doing this weekend for fun? Enjoy it for us will ya?

5 responses to “Cargo Van Move, Day 1”

  1. I can not believe how fast your Grandson has grown! I love the picture of him wearing the hat. I know you can’t wait to hold him and just play and talk to him. He is going to love you and your husband so much.
    My heart goes out to you and George. Moving is so hard especially as you get to our age. I hope your husband hasn’t hurt his shoulder. We moved daughter several times, and last time we moved we were in our 40s. I didn’t realize how much stuff we had until we moved.
    We paid two guys husband knew to help with the furniture. There is no way we could have moved it ourselves. Be careful lifting the both of you. So you won’t hurt yourselves..
    We are not cooking out this year. Going to a nice place to eat outdoors. I get to see my Grandson. I am looking forward to that.
    Take care…

  2. Second time. Hi Sonya, I’m not going to say much as my I pad is behaving badly I write my come t then it disappears. Just hope you and George are not too exhausted tonight. You have done so much. I hope that Mum is being appreciative you are a wonderful daughter. I hope when Kate comes next week that you will be taking a little break from moving. I had a laugh today when you mentioned having hush puppies ! Over her hush puppies were a make of very comfortable shoes. Hope you get a good snood sleep tonight…night night. God Bless

  3. Wow! River looks big. Maybe it’s the camera angle. lol
    You guys need at least one more man to help with the move. That’s s lot of stuff & heavy stuff too.
    I’ve got a backache just thinking about it.
    But I’m sure somehow you will manage to get done what you set out to do.
    Our weather is cold 40’s and rain rain rain. We’ve had a weekend working in the house. Tomorrow is suppose to be nice. I’m not holding my breath.
    I hope you all can relax some this evening. 😎

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: