I’m really trying hard to do several things, mainly these things, and it really doesn’t seem like it should be too hard to manage them. But these seem to usurp most of my time:
- Keep up with Mom’s doc appts, keeping her happy, meeting her needs
- Keep up with my own doc appts (what few I’ve allowed myself to have this year)
- Participate in helping cook (some)- finding recipes, getting the ingredients, carving out the time
- Keeping bathrooms clean, sheets washed, laundry done, fall decor done, minor vacuuming and dusting here and there
- Keeping up with family birthdays (I pretty much fail on the friend ones and is a point of improvement)
- Attempting to do all my little projects (lose weight X failure, become healthier X failure, exercise more X failure, camera lessons X failure, develop a better beauty routine X failure, You Tube vlog videos, some social media presence, blog–enhhhh).
- Working Full time, trying to fit everything in around work and around everything else
It amazes me how so many little things eat up your time. I’ve read books on being focused, managing your time, and “just doing it” and you name it. I’ve done all these things. I just need more time. No more motivational books. I couldn’t be more motivated. I’d really be frustrated if I was more motivated! lol None of those books will give me more time. I’m tired of people saying “You have the same 24 hours everyone else does”. Heard that a lot in Network Marketing when the “uppers” wanted more work outta ya! Enhhhh, that doesn’t work with me. It may be true we have the same 24 hours but we don’t have the same circumstances, the same personas or situations, and our desires are different and our goals different. Some of us are thorough and precise and some just slam into whatever they do without thinking. Or could care less.
So this blog entry is not to seek advice, nor slam advice (although I kinda just did), but just a recognition entry of “I’m feeling frustrated with myself that I’ve not done more”. Time just moves so fast. Every weekend I think “yay it’s the weekend and I can knock a few things out”. And I do but I add more on and there is just more I want to do. I usually get my rest in and relaxation – some – but it frustrates me sometimes on Sunday night that I have to get up and go to work for another 5 days and try to sneak in time during the week to work on my goals.
I also just need a spot to complain I guess, lol. Just park my frustrations here and be done with it til next Saturday and try again. I’ll keep trying. I’m not discouraged, just frustrated. Most weeks I just accept it as “part of the life game”, but I had to spend my precious Saturday morning at the police station b/c me (and a few others) had their identities stolen, as I was notified last week at work about that. I get strongly irritated when I lose my Saturday mornings. So forgive me I mention this forty eleven times before the year is out. As I sit here this Monday morning and remember what I didn’t do Saturday morning rolled into Sunday or didn’t get done at all. What I normally would do on Sunday some of that is rolling into the after work zone this week where I get about 30 minutes to an hour free where I have to choose between doing something fun and relaxing or working toward goals. I do a mix of both. But quite frankly after being up for 14 hours at that point and having a work day – my mind is zonked as far as productivity and creativeness. So you guessed it. I usually choose a few moments to wind down.
I did get to some things last week on this list. I keep this project list going on Focus Matrix app b/c I can reorganize it by order of importance and can use the various quadrants as I wish. I usually don’t put all the weekly to do’s on it. But sometimes I do.
Most everything on my calendar list at the top of this blog got marked off. Those are little things to do after work. They build up as the week goes.
Items Accomplished Last Week: Big and Small
I guess I should marvel though at what I DID accomplish instead of rolling myself in mud at what I didn’t. I guess that is pretty good considering I work FT and all that went on.
- Checked out my test results on line for my bone density test (need to take calcium)
- Ordered my calcium on Amazon
- Ordered a bridal shower gift
- Bought a birthday gift card for family member
- Worked on George’s anniversary card and his 30 reasons I love him.
- Made pedi appointments for Mom and myself for this week ahead
- Found recipes for the upcoming week
- Fixed two meatloafs this week (and dinner) one night
- Cancelled AARP as I’m just not using it and don’t have time to read the magazines
- iPhone update, Mac update, and iPad update due to scams/security updates
- Started KYD55’s program (late and not through the whole starter programs but several days in)
- Ordered pictures of River (5X7) for our work
- Brought some things out of storage I needed from downstairs
- Going in early to work some to make up for doc appointments
- Took Mom to eye appointment
- Celebrated 30th Anniversary
- Took Mom to Slim Chickens so she could buy us dinner. Nice!
- Got several loads of laundry done – not all folded but washed – still need to do another load.
- Changed George’s sheets out.
- Reloaded my vitamins for the week
- Did a Target order b/c I’m tired of hauling in groceries – that’ll help with some of the household supplies.
- Did an Amazon order for something yesterday – oh yeah – make up. More of a choice on Amazon than in the stores.
The Week Ahead
**We have Pedi’s after work today. That will be relaxing. I can go through personal emails. Behind on that.
**I have a 7:40 eye appt for myself on Wednesday morning – my annual to check and make sure I don’t have what Mom has – macular degeneration.
**I have to iron as I didn’t get to to that yesterday.
**I cook Teriyaki steak and spinach Orzo on Thursday night. Will have to get ingredients but I think George is going to the store again so have to give him my ingredient list and study on what all I need to do.
**Need to update to iOS 15 which is out today I think. More updates on all devices I guess.
**Need to prep for a coworker’s birthday
**Need to update my Isagenix autoship
**Need to be specific about my KYD55 goals, watch the rest of the prep videos and print off the tracker. (I’ll have to explain more on this later, but it’s about setting and reaching goals for health, mind, helping others, and improving self. Yes I didn’t need any more projects I said, but I do. This is about habits. I’ve got to force it til I figure it out. I’ll explain later. But no more motivational books, I’m so motivated I could jump over the moon! But this is just mapping it out and working it in! lol. More on that later.
And that’s about it for now – not to mention trying to work in some things on the other list, trying to finish some of the bucket list items, and also doing some office work on things I need to do at home.
I know, I know, get rid of the lists? Then I’d be going crazier in my head and a list is a way I can remember the important things and park the ones that are less important. And I guess those are the ones I’m really wanting to get to. I didn’t even get to work on the video any for the next vlog.
I need another day off! 😉 But here we go into the work week and will see how we do.
End of rant, end of dumping my frustrations here. I’m really motivated to try again. Each day is a new day and I really DO get a lot done in the week. I’ll keep working at it. And trying to work in some personal goals to tweak my routine a bit. And that is what it boils down to is getting the most important things done, trying to be healthy, help others, be a better person. And If we didn’t have things we wanted to do —we’d be bored with life. I’m far from that. My lists keep me going and keep me living so I’m thankful for them, wanting more time to do them, but grateful! It’ll be ok.