Well, it’s been a rough few days. I mean yeah it could definitely have been worse. But….when things just repeatedly bombard you going wrong, it kinda gets annoying after a while. Some of it my fault, most of it not. Not listed in any particular order. Some I’ve already mentioned.
- I had the wrong YouTube associated with Epidemic Sound which gave a copyright claim against the first video. (It’s no big deal as I mentioned previously, it’s just you can never monetize that video and I’m not monetizing it right now anyway, but I pay a fee per month to be able to use the music but had the wrong account covered.) I was mad at myself but fixed it in time to cover the 2nd latest video.
- I got an email from THAT SHAKE/SUPPLEMENT COMPANY I USE that I had the words COVID-19 and their name in the same blog or same paragraph and wanted it removed as well as the tag in that post. They said it’s the FTC that does not allow it. Had I made any false claims that this company would cure or prevent anything? Of course not. I said I had plenty of shakes should we not be able to get out and get food if we get stuck in the hotel. I said it would prevent my hunger, lol. But, regardless of who wants what taken down, preventing my freedom of speech, it did piss me off and I’m still pissed off. And I will remain pissed off. So much so that I will refrain from ever mentioning the company again on my blog EVER. That is just the way I roll. That way they never have to waste my time nor theirs ever again. Amen! So I have about 20 posts to go – removing the “I” word from any posts. If it’s worth having me erase it from one post, we’ll go all the way. If they ask for one shirt – give them two right? Maybe not exactly what God meant but we’ll go with it.
- Someone (I believe) pranked 911 using my office number at work the other day and the police showed up. (At the plant though so they have our wrong location.) It is being investigated as they can see the phone/connection and cell phone information. I’m not 100 percent sure myself but I think I get the connections/coincidences. I won’t turn them in until the records come back. Of course at that time they’ll already know who it was. But it is a crime to call 911 and waste the authorities time. And the joke is on this person now. I won’t be discussing with anyone but authorities and one person that is involved in investigating this. So it won’t do any good for anyone to poke me for info!
- The coffee pot I ordered arrived with a broken decanter. Of course I knew it would be the way that UPS and Amazon and all the carriers throw things around. I was hoping it wouldn’t be broken, but I knew in my heart it would be and it was. I don’t wish these things on myself. I just know how life is. I’ve been trained to know that if it had a glass part, it will be broken in shipment. So guess who has to take the thing to UPS today to get sent off. I don’t want to have to go into a UPS center due to COVID but I guess will have to. The new one arrives tomorrow. Jokingly but maybe not – please pray for the coffee pot. I like my brewed coffee in the mornings. It makes a difference in my mood.
5. The blog host through Word Press sent a notice that my renewal for LessHustleMoreCoffee didn’t go through. I panicked. I had to wait til I could get a minute to go in and see what was going on. It is set for auto-renewal. I have put so much into the blog so it scared me. All it was, was I had the credit card set to my “THAT SHAKE/SUPPLEMENT COMPANY I USE’S” pay card. I was going to use their card to fund my blog expense. However, I am not selling it anymore and forgot the card has ZERO balance on it, lol. So that is all it was. I set it to a different card and it was fine.
6. My email quit working on my Apple Watch. It’s been off for about a week or two and I’d not stopped to fix it. I finally took a lunch break and sat in the car and worked on it. I think when I set up my new email to go along with the blog/youtube – somehow it didn’t go through in my settings. I deleted and added it again and the rebooted both iphone and Apple watch – same information as before – only it took this time. But not having that set up was not letting ANY of my email come through to my watch.
The rest is just —–busy. Not having really much time to do anything. I have caught up on the laundry some in the evenings, the ironing, the things I didn’t get done on the weekend last week. I’ve tried solving all these issues above and getting some orders in.
I *think* things are set for the virtual shower Saturday. Everything that is within MY OWN control that is. With the luck I have had lately (see above for proof), I have been scared all along this will somehow all be a bust. But if it is, it won’t be because I didn’t do my part in trying to make it happen. If the internet fails or things don’t get where they are supposed to be or cakes don’t get baked as ordered, or things delivered as ordered, or as taken – it’s not as if I hadn’t tried. I’m trying to think positive. I just really get tired of things going wrong!!
So we have been working all day and coming home and trying to do things, do chores, make plans, decide things, and then it’s time to eat and go to bed. Bed has felt so good this week. It’s just a reprieve from all that is going on.
George had to go to the store last night. I have to go to the store tonight. And we have a busy weekend ahead. We have a grad party tomorrow. After that we head to my SIL’s and BIL’s for the virtual shower. After that I think George and I are coming home. We may make a stop or two.
Sunday we were going to McKay’s book store but have decided to put it off due to COVID. I was going to sit in the car and delete emails and photos, lol.
Instead we are going to Paul and Judy’s for a cookout. I’m making deviled eggs, George is making his veggie pizza for appetizer, and taking some small steaks – one for each person. So we needed time to work on that Sunday morning since we are gone Saturday. So we were fine to blow off our excursion til later.
So in addition to the above, much like you, I’ve been kinda blue this week. Yes we have so much to be thankful for and I am. But just a repeated bashing of the above along with the below, really just brings a body down.
- I am tired of not getting to see all of my friends. Some of them are just not ready. And I respect that. But I still miss them.
- I am tired of wondering if we are all going to get the virus and what it will do to us. What roulette result will it be? Asymptomatic or a bad bout, or worse?
- I’m tired of everything being political. It was once just the media – and you could ignore the politics and go on about your life during election year.
- I’m tired of everything being racial. I was already tired of it. No offense, but I haven’t mistreated anyone and I don’t want to be told that I have. No one needs to be mistreated and when I say God loves ALL OF US. I’m not being racial. So if you are thinking this about me get over it. It’s my brain, my thoughts, my words and I know what I mean and don’t want to be told what I mean! God said that we are all loved and I’m repeating it. I would never even think of race if people didn’t keep bringing up the subject. I don’t want us to be different so quit making it so is how I feel. Again, we all need to be treated equally and loved equally and love one another regardless of color. And those that don’t treat people with respect should be punished. Good people and buildings do not need to be mistreated either.
- I’m tired of wearing the masks. But I will continue to wear them. Yes I understand the need. No I don’t want the virus and NO I don’t want to pass anything along to anyone else. Yes I get it – I don’t need lectures on why it’s important. The fact is, just the facts, regardless of the need, I’m still tired of wearing it. I’m tired of having to remember every time I step out of the office. I’m tired of not being able to breathe when I’m wearing it. But again, I will keep on wearing it.
- I am tired of not being able to trust anyone. Everyone has an agenda. Everyone has something to hide or something to spin. It just gets OLD.
- When everything starts going wrong it also reminds you of everything that was already not right. Like family that is aloof and all that stuff. And people who you love that are gone. Just missing people! Everything is magnified these days.
- And Roger. It’s breaking my heart that he is getting older. He is starting to get weak and off balance. Sad.
So yeah, I cried this week. About twice a day. I mean, don’t anyone call 911 or anything!!!!!!!!!! I will be fine. I am fine. Repeat. It’s ok. lol. Or is it? My brewed coffee pot doesn’t arrive til tomorrow.
I’m thinking of waiting til Monday to return the current coffee pot so if this one is broken too I can reduce the number of trips to UPS by at least ONE. lol
Anyway, better get ready and get to work.
So thanks for letting me complain and gripe. It’s how I’m feeling right now and this is a reality blog. I am my own therapist along with God so we’ll get it figured out and I’ll improve my outlook soon.
I’m trying to be grateful, park these things that bother me, listen to good music (I’m enjoying my new ear buds by the way – no cords and a perfect range, as long as I don’t drop one in the toilet – lol lol lol). And I’m thankful for friends that realize you need a friend in this difficult world! A coworker gave this to me, by leaving it on my desk, after sharing I was having a rough week just accepting/rejecting our world we live in on top of everything else.
Over and Out for now. Have to hurry and get out of the house and on the road. What all are you doing this weekend?
9 responses to “Enough Reasons to Vent”
Lots of problems, but you got so many of them fixed! Good for you! I hope you have a really fun weekend!
It seems when it rains it pours these days lots of storms coming our way the trip back to normal is slow but sooner or later we’ll get there hang on!
None of these “complaints” fit on the “shelf”? lol
The call to 911 is no bueno & not funny.
I hate wearing masks. Simply hate it. But when I’m out
& about I do feel a sense of protection towards myself.
You should keep the gold reusable filter from the broken
coffee pot, for your troubles. Why not? Amazon is just
going to trash the return. If the 2nd one is broken they
probably will say “just chuck it”.
I was thinking this covid-19 business was close to over.
Why? I have no idea.
You and your husband have gone out and had some social
interaction. My husband and I have had pretty much zero
interaction. Haven’t gone to a restaurant or gone to friends
house or had anyone over to our house, since the middle
of MARCH!! 3 months. OMG, I’m going nuts.
It’s Friday finally. I hope you have a stress free weekend with
time to play & just be you.
I think I also was thinking we were pulling through it. But my spirits are dashed.
As long as we listen to the media things will never get better. They are fueling the flames. Too bad that we have bad people organizing all of this termoline in this country because they do not like a person doing the best job they can. Well enough of that. So sorry to hear that Roger is having a hard time. Our little Coco is totally confused at times. When she wakes up she is so disoriented She fell of our bed one morning and it work Ken up . He grabbed her up and sat with her in his arms in the chair for minutes, thinking she was dead. She appartenlly knocked herself out. We do not let her sleep with us now she has to sleep in her bed beside us. Of course she is 14 now and she has had so many problems in her little life. The first thing they gave a 6 pound puppy a 3 year rabies shot. Then Conforest that almost killed her. Had I not had my eye on her she would have been dead before she was a year old. All these things caused her to have so many bad allergies that we had to work through
It’s hard watching them go. George is checking in to hemp oil for the dogs. I told him to research it good. Hoping it will help his joints
We are all in the same boat. I wistfully looked at Kim Nails thinking how nice it would be to get a mani-pedi. And how wonderful it would be to get a haircut and blowdry.
I have only braved out to the grocery store and pharmacy while wearing my mask. It is getting on my last nerve too. But I am very thankful for the roof over my head and that we have good food to eat. I am trying to just distract myself with things I enjoy.
I am worried to death for family members who work dealing with the public. I hope things get better for all of us soon.
That is terrible about the coffee pot being broken. One needs their coffee. I am sorry about Roger. It is hard watching those we love hurt.
What’s the old song. “momma said there’d be days like this.” one day at a time. all you can do. hang in there. saying prayers it all turns around. my computer is on the blink. so just know i’m thinking about you, even if you don’t see me comment. we are all in the same boat. i’ve embraced the masks because i’m immune compromised. now i’m coordinating them to match my outfits. but you’re right with this hot weather it is hard to breathe in them. stay safe. take care. hope the shower goes as planned. enjoy.
The mask! UGH. I don’t know about anyone else but for me wearing them out into a store or anywhere for that matter I get so angry. Not at anyone in particular but just pissy.. I feel its taxing on my body which is absurd! I should not complain one bit. I have my health and my parents have their health and so many have lost their lives over this stupid virus. So I’ll shut my mouth ! lol
We all have days that get to us, as long as you can get over the hump of being upset, its ok. Have to look at the glass half full, I guess. But don’t beat yourself up to much.
Sorry about your pup, Roger. We lost our pup last April 30th at 4:15 pm. Silly how I remember the exact time . 🙁 She was our world and one day, she just sat in the living room and couldn’t move. And with in 2 weeks she was gone. And to this day, I have no desire to look at another dog. I love them from afar, to much hurt when they go. So I wish that your Roger starts feeling better!