The Blog is Growing, Thank You
Wow. We are about to hit a milestone marker here! Soon to be 50,000 hits on the blog stats. Thank you ALL for being a part of that. Even the ones who come to SPY on me have helped, so I thank you too. (Giggles) LOL.
And we have 196 people following on WordPress which shows in your “Reader” on WordPress. And there are 289 people who have subscribed for the emails.
Some are friends, some are stalkers, some are advertisers and just looking for follow backs, and many are friend that are here because you knew me from AOL Journals, and Blogger, but still, I thank you all as well! And for the many online friendships of caring and sharing through the years. We won’t talk about the troublemakers anymore, but they are always there peeking through the bushes hoping to catch a word sideways or to find out something insightful they didn’t already know. Why am I thinking about Arte Johnson on Laugh-In? We SEE YOU Arte! ;-). Thanks to ALL of you including the Arte’s for being there and joining in on the numbers!
Clarifying Yesterday’s Post
Yesterday I mentioned the plans from Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then went on to mention January and spoke of my concerns again of traveling with the dogs. Someone mentioned that perhaps my words my be misread and hoped my blog wasn’t public as it might hurt my family’s feelings. It is public. The words bothered me though so I went back to make sure I hadn’t said mistyped my words. But I hadn’t. I said what I meant to say and but if someone else thought that then I realized maybe I need to clarify what my points were yesterday. So EVERYONE understands and there is no confusion. I think as long as no one twists my words and tries to add anything that is not there, we are good.
- We are ELATED to be grandparents soon.
- WE look forward to meeting him.
- We CAN’T WAIT to meet him.
- We are LOOKING FORWARD to this precious time with family.
- I am a perfectionist when it comes to certain things like planning a trip.
- I love to plan and know what/where we are going to be.
- We love our dogs like humans.
- My dogs are rescue dogs that have been mistreated, pinned up, caged up and not cared for. Roger is terrified of crates. Both Roger and Maisy’s teeth are messed up b/c of crates.
- We love family so much to be with them, that I am even willing to sleep in a car if I have to on the property so we’ll be available.
- I would not look forward to sleeping in the car however, it would put a downer on the trip of course.
- I am used to staying in safe and let’s be honest, nicer hotels where the room is on the inside and not the door to the outside.
- I can stay in a small strip motel if I have to, and likely that is what it will be.
- Since we have the dogs we will not need to leave them in the hotel room all day as they will bark and Roger will cry and howl. We might be able to leave them for short spurts.
- Roger is very old and wobbly and increasingly unstable and confused. We think he may be in his last few months – or weeks – who knows.
- We could switch off going to see baby alternatively however I WILL NOT STAY IN THAT HOTEL ROOM AT NIGHT BY MYSELF in the event that one of us needs to stay with the kids so they can sleep. I will sleep in the car with the dogs before that happens if it is George’s turn.
- The House Sitter is not an option for reasons I won’t go into but mainly a logistical and time standpoint.
- Mom has offered to keep Maisy but I don’t want to do that to her. It is an option though, but if we have Roger, we may as well have her too right? They comfort one another.
- We are going. We will go and figure it out.
- But a person like me who likes the security of knowing and having a plan? Yeah it’s NOT THERE!
- Just because we love our DOGS does not mean we don’t love our PEEPS! We have enough love in our hearts for both.
- Just because we want to have a plan, doesn’t mean we don’t want to go!
Hope that helps in case anyone misread anything that wasn’t there yesterday. But I think I was pretty clear even then.
So it was Monday night last night and as usual, I did not sleep well. I am not sure what it is about Monday nights. I used to think it was payroll but sometimes it is not just Monday nights. I was just uncomfortable and tossed and turned. And tossed and turned. It wasn’t George’s snoring I don’t think. Unless that woke me up but my sleep was not solid after midnight. I was up several times. Some nights are better than others. I don’t know why. I don’t know if we need a softer bed, a harder bed, but it’ll be along time before getting another mattress so I try to put pillows all around. My arm bothered me. Anyway, it is what it is and we’ll try again to sleep tonight.