Ok so I like the camera app of Dream Camera Lite but I don’t care to have their image all over my photos and I’m not paying for the upgrade so I plan to delete it. Maybe one day I’ll have a good modern camera to do nice videos on – but probably best to get that whenever we travel more. As I won’t be doing a whole lot videos any time soon. I can use the iphone til then.
Friday we had overcast skies much of the day and then the cold air pushed through with rain and a front and then we had cold temps Saturday morning. But we were happy that the rain was gone for our yard sale. It started a bit nippy but finished with a strong sun and we even got a little sunburned.
After the yard sale, we had put all the clothes and sheets that didn’t sell in the car and hauled them to Good Will. We shoved everything back into George’s side of the garage – an NO Nanny’s bed was not in the garage sail – that is just where it has been in the garage, against the wall. lol But WHERE is WALDO? Can you spot George’s head in the midst of this mess?
After a Good Will drop off we decided to go for a beer at The Goat. A nice little sunny Restaurant and Bar in Mount Juliet – one of our favorites. Usually a crowd but I think people are busy with fall break, sports, and all sorts of other things. So we enjoyed a less crowded situation as we shook off the Yard Sale moments and thought about our next adventures to come.
We then went to dinner at a place called Bonfire Grill. We did the Hibachi style this time and enjoyed a several course dinner with salad, soup, and surf and turf (steak and scallops for me), with veggies and rice. We shared the table with a couple and three boys about age 12 to 13 and it was one of their birthdays. There was an older gentleman with them and he didn’t feel well and had to go sit in the car (or they took him home – not sure). They were going to do Top Golf afterwards. We enjoyed sharing the table with them. It was fun to see the 12 and 13 year olds giggling at things but yet they were grown up and sounded like adults when you talked to them. It was fun being around someone that age again.
We came home and even though it was 7 ish it felt like it was 10 p.m. We watched and Grace and Frankie show and then I played the Tropical Farmville game and then I snoozed until finally just went to bed around 8:15 ish. Maisy followed. And then this morning we slept until about 6:15 ish. So a 10 hour overnight snooze that was! Wow! I guess I was tired. I thought we did good getting thru the yard sale though. And we made a decent amount for it being mainly 25 to 50 cent items and the random few things that we had for more than that.
I kinda don’t think I want to do yard sales anymore. I won’t ever say “never” but there were a few times when I just didn’t feel safe. A guy with a hoodie on tight to his face. I guess he was cold but geez it gave me the heebie jeebies. And some lady came and told us about some groups that go around to Mount Juliet yard sales and try to distract and take the money and go inside your house while asking to go to the bathroom and stuff. I was already aware of that as we went to a yard sale where that happened. But these days it’s nothing for someone to pull a gun on you. George kept taking the bigger bills and hiding them elsewhere from our “cigar box”. And it was a rule that we didn’t leave the cigar box and we had two of us there. I think there is safety in numbers so I’d like to see more of a two or three family sale from now on. Although it gets a bit hairy to keep it all separate, but we should at least invite friends over or something to sit with us if we ever do this again. It’s just not the same world as it used to be. I want to trust people but I just don’t. It’s just all a mess everywhere around us now.
We had a nice morning just catching up, doing laundry, getting my cleanse day prepped up, and my Isagenix nutrition set for the work week. My “care kit” has my vitamins, a snack, my Ionix stress formula, and a drink mix (either fruits, greens, or one of the three hydrate flavors) and an e-shot for late afternoon. Since I cleanse 1 day of the work week, I only need to make up 4 days worth of “care kit baggies”. That is my term not theirs. I have been experiencing a lull in the desire for shakes and snacks lately though – but I took a week or so off last week of some of it. But now I’m back. I like the way the shakes make me feel, help my digestion, keep my energy up. You don’t have to eat their snacks, but I do but get tired of them from time to time. I still eat a lot of nuts, and really need to eat more carrots and celery and stuff. But I get tired of those too. The little bags of carrots just don’t taste good to me and I get tired of chopping things. No time for that really. But I do the best I can.
I also vacuumed most of the house today. And cleaned the kitchen, ironed, cleaned my bathroom, emptied all the little trash cans across the house, and watched Sailing Uma as they sail across the Pacific and also watched Sam Holmes Sailing all on YouTube – he is in Hawaii doing videos.
And about mid-day we went for a 2nd load to Good Will. We were able to give a sofa away that didn’t sell to our neighbors for use in youth room area. And then we did a trip to Sam’s which is close to the Nashville airport. We bought the things we needed for our upcoming Seafood Fest with Mom. We are looking forward to spending time with her next weekend. We will be having a huge seafood feast! We live no where near the ocean of course so we have to buy frozen. But we’ll have it and know what the sides are and are looking forward to cooking a big dinner for Mom and spending time with her. We also bought a lot of good things and stocked up on them.
We also ran some errands for our “Spain Night” with our friends Don and Lisa. Sometimes you just decide to make your own festivals. When you are foodies like we are!
Once back from Sam’s and dropped off the frozen goods, we headed out to the store at Publix for a few remaining items. And so we are set for a while! I still have things to do and it is 6:30 at night.
So my To Do list includes the following, many still on it from my last listing:
- Order Christmas cards
- Order “It’s a 10 Miracle Leave in Product” (Darn it! I ordered the regular Condition instead – but I kept it even though it’s expensive b/c it came with Shampoo. But I really really need the leave in conditioner and everyone says that is the best. It’s lasted me like a year or longer! But I need more.
- Order some more undies, lol – so I have enough for the week we go to TX and have to pack early and then not do laundry for a while after we get back – need a few more. lol
- Order the new Isagenix drink and check my 100 BV requirement for the month so I can get the deepest discount.
- Write down the dessert ingredients for my Spanish dessert for Spain night. I ix-nayed doing the dessert trial run. It was George that really wanted me to do it I thought. But we will wing it. If it is no good – then it’s no good. I think it got excellent ratings though. But I need to make that “design” thingie that goes on the top and write down the history of the cake.
- Look up what is required for the Drivers License changes in order to be able to take a flight.
- Update my vacation days. I have screwed up my vacay days – taking Friday’s that are not going to work – not realizing how close they were to my week long vacay – I’m so silly. So I need to figure all that out VERY soon b/c this gal does not want to lose her vacay. I think it’s a common thing to hear that people don’t take all their vacay b/c they are worried about their jobs and that is just a no no and concerns me very much. It’s our vacations that revive us and help us to be the better employees that we can be. It’s dangerous on burn out for you not to take it. Not healthy at all for either party really. So I need to figure mine out so I don’t lose it. But I do need to make sure they are good days to take.
- Have my ring cleaned and prongs checked. It’s been a while.
- Make dog trims for February (yes she books up that fast)
- Christmas shopping and website orders
- Writing projects
- Birthday dinner with SIL
- Retirement dinner plans with friend that is retiring
- Write down on the calendar my challenge end dates and the maintenance photo dates.
- Work on some financial info that I’m working on for security purposes.
- Hammer and nail taken to work to hang a little picture.
- Get the winter item tubs up from the basement.
- Decide plans for Halloween night and where to shop.
And that is about it for now. I decided not to plant pansies in the front bed planters. So I crossed that off the list. I really need to focus on Christmas b/c we are just not going to have a lot of time to do so after Texas. All the parties and seasonal things start happening. I’m not even sure when I can decorate for Christmas.
However, we’ll just do what we can and enjoy the journey. And pray. God will see that we do and find all the things we want to. We also have to figure out Christmas plans before too long. Dates that Katy and Cody will be here and how we will do Christmas with Mom as this year’s holiday is just weird and I also have payroll responsibilities and will likely have to work some weekend time – but we can get through Thanksgiving first. And figure it out from there. It’s all good.
I did get my Mammogram appointment set. They had an opening for this coming Friday morning at first appointment so I took the appointment and will just have to be late for work. But with all the hours put in, I still have numerous overworked hours in the bank. lol Not that I’m trying to take it all. I just don’t want anyone saying I’m missing work. Oh I will remind them quickly of time worked over. I don’t know why I worry about what people think. I guess I’ve just been shocked by the uninformed opinions of those in the past and so I look out for that kind of thing. It won’t take a very long reminder to let anyone know what they need to know though, lol. The Tribe knows how to speak.
Anyway I just try to be fair. And Maisy needs to go out so she says, so I better take her. Ya’ll have a good week ahead. I have still a lot of quarter end things to do at work. Kinda making me nervous and in some cases I have no idea what I’m supposed to do but I guess I will figure it out, lol. I do love the job though. More Later.