Busy Holiday Season in the Making and Setting up My New iPhone 13 Pro Max

Good morning! God provides just what I need when I need it. He plugs a little glimpse of nature here and there into my day.

It has been a quick and busy week. Not sure I mentioned the dishwasher is on the blink. The guy comes to fix it Monday. Til then we have all been taking turns doing dishes.

They came to fix Mom’s screen door on her patio yesterday and she put some pots and pans up. George took her to the mattress store as he picked her up from her house on the way from work and they stopped and she ordered the new adjustable mattress and the extender frame (or whatever she needs for the other room). The new mattress is supposed to deliver on Tuesday. We’ll see. She is still not moved in yet. And won’t be til mattress comes in and is set up.

Our neighbor has agreed to help George move her final few pieces of furniture Saturday. Then perhaps we can make more progress and get her set up to live there. Her kitchen and pantry and closet are about the only thing that is “ready to go”. I expect that she may be able to stay there as early as next week if the mattress arrives and all is set up.

Today we have an eye injection appointment. And since the office is closing down early (everyone – but me – gets to go see the new offices and will be provided lunch). I’m so disappointed but trying not to think of it. Yesterday I started packing up my office to bring things home. I just decided I have short weeks until the move. Not going to be there much. Next week is Thanksgiving, a 3 day week and the one after we are going to the mountains at the end of the week, so – there is only time to rush through work and no luxury of time to work on packing. So yesterday I began packing personal things and bringing them home. I’m not sure what the area will look like so I don’t know if my current decor will work. I’ll bring everything home and start over. I may even use some of the plants I had bought from my office, for home use. I will need to snag some boxes from the basement to bring more home today. I boxed up all of our 2020 records and moved those around the office and labeled them and now my back, shoulders, and alignment is acting up again like they did with last week’s move of Mom’s clothes. The TMJ seems to be back and forth. It loosens up with coffee. But never went back to the severity of the first day. My right knee and right arm/rotater cuff is worse from lifting all the weight lately with all the moves. As one of my dear friends says “honey, we are not spring chickens any more and we can’t do things like we used to”. So as of now, it my last official time to move these boxes. Someone else will have to move them around. I can pack ’em but someone else going to have to move them around. I’m resigning from lifting as of this writing. 😉 My friend is right. I’m not a spring chicken any more. I will likely take Tylenol to get through the day.

My iPhone 13 Pro Max came in Wednesday. The phone instructions at sign on, made it easy to switch the phone with a few exceptions. I was pleased all my apps, photos, contacts and everything switched over exactly as it was on the iPhone 8s. I only stayed up an hour past bed time to make sure all was well so I would be ready to go in the morning and not have any issues.

Well, duh. I went to hit my audible app to listen to my current audio book and it wouldn’t let me. First of all I had to sign in, then it told me there was no network available. What? I’m on 5G? Well, what I had done was set my phone apps up – which I guess was like a computer. And at home on my WiFi it all worked fine. Didn’t think to text or call anyone. So my cellular service was still attached to the other phone, lol lol lol! Oh me. So I got to work and after my garnishment check run, I looked on line to see if it was something I could do immediately to make it work w/o having to switch SIM cards etc. Is that what you call it? My old phone, and my new box and instructions were all at home. So I found the AT&T activation link on their website. Luckily since I ordered from AT&T it came loaded with the card and I was able to immediately activate this phone to use my cell number. It took them about 5 to 10 minutes to make it active. I was worried having Mom now to be responsible for, that she would not be able to reach me. So I resolved that. And I had an audio book on the way home. All that said I think I’ll like the new phone. I will try to do an entry soon with the differences that I like and what I’m having to get used to. There’s no home button anymore and that wigged me out at first. Screen shots are different and powering on and off is different. I’ve had to google a lot to get going with it. But I like the changes so far. Can’t wait to try to photography and the charging is supposed to be faster with the new charging cord/plug. I have more memory. But it’s heavier. And I need a new phone holder for the car. It’s going to be too heavy for my magnet based holder.

The commute has been less than desirable lately – time wise. It’s taken 45 min to an hour some days to take the back way due to traffic and stop lights and school zones. So I may have to take the interstate some, but maybe it will calm down with the schools out. I don’t know it may be worse and everyone will be OFF and OUT getting ready for Thanksgiving. Who knows. I’m just sick of the long lines of traffic and it’s about to get longer. I guess we’ll have to see how this new work place goes. I wish they would allow for remote work. But no I don’t think they trust us to get our jobs done at home as they mentioned they did not have the technology to manage that. I guess that is what they meant. I’m only guessing. And mostly they don’t have the equipment. But that would sure be a nice option to have. A lot of companies are allowing remote work. I’d also be willing to do 4 ten hour days and have an extra day off. But I don’t know that anyone would be willing to work with us on things like that. That would be ideal and save a trip in and back and save gas. It will be what it will be and we will have to see how it goes. I just do not like being on the interstate anymore with all the crazie racers and gun waving uglies. The police can’t control them now it seems. The interstate is a free for all racetrack and crime ladened spree zone.

I have had to change the font size and line height on every dang paragraph that I have typed here. It has been the most annoying blogging experience that I have had for a while. I’m not willing to do this every time I blog. But it if I don’t it tries to make the font really big and the spacing far apart. I’m not sure what is happening. Geez. I guess WordPress made some changes. But something has to give. I may have to change themes or something. I’ve been wanting to make some changes but it takes time and nothing is ever simple. I’m leaving the next paragraph as is for a test and we’ll see what it does when published. On my end it’s big font and too much line space in b/w:

Photo by Karolina Grabowska on Pexels.com

We are looking forward to Thanksgiving. I am anyway. We each have what we need for cooking. And I will also do my Christmas cards that day. The day after Thanksgiving and over the weekend I’ll be doing our tree and decorating. And if Mom has moved I’ll also move into the bigger room because I’m becoming squeezed out of my office with all the gifts we have bought. It’s getting tight in there and hard to move around. I’m also looking forward to getting the rest of my clothes back out and in use as well as more of the fall ones. I think we are ALL ready for this phase of Mom’s move to be done so we can get back to somewhat of our normal routines and spaces and way of doing things.

Good news, the new video is finished. I plan to schedule it for live at 7:00 a.m. CST tomorrow (Saturday). I will put a posting as I have time. Tomorrow morning is very busy! It’s Fancy trim, I have to provide breakfast for the crew, and also have to drop keys off at the old storage place, and then get Mom to her house to show them where the furniture goes, then get back and pick up Fancy at the spa. So big day. May not get to post that video is up until late in the day, but tonight I’m going to do a quick run through of it in private mode and make sure all ok before making it go live. It’s always been ok, but should something go wrong it won’t go live.

Meanwhile in TX. Guess who is pulling up and standing and also taking minor steps while holding on to things. He’s saying Momma, playing hide and seek that he starts with his parents, and becoming more interactive. He’s waving and learning a word here and there. He’s learning vocabulary even if he can’t say it yet. He knows names, people, dogs, his cartoon TV characters, lol. And he can give a kiss but with a full mouth open ha. He’s fun to face time with.

And I need to go. I will be back on Sunday. We have plans with my SIL and BIL after the move tomorrow so I don’t think I can hop on here until probably Sunday but I will try to at least post the video if I can!

It’s getting into the real crunch of the season here. I’m trying not to hyperventilate and take one moment at the time. I’m probably going to be late to work, have to get off early, work late on other days, go in early certain days – it’s just all haphazard at this point and we’ll do what we can and what we have time to do and the rest of it will have to wait. It is what it is.

I guess we’ll come up for air in February. Or maybe Spring. February we will be busy catching up on what all we are behind on. January is just impossible. lol Trips and Year end. I think I’m moving the new year goals out to March 1. lol. Can’t plan anything for Jan and Feb.

Ok Over and Out. I don’t have much time to get ready so I guess I’ll have to take the interstate this morning. ::sigh::

4 responses to “Busy Holiday Season in the Making and Setting up My New iPhone 13 Pro Max”

  1. I love your new iPhone. I am hoping to get a new one soon myself. Good luck with getting your Mom settled into her new home. I am happy for her getting a new house. She has been through a lot. It took a lot of courage for her to sell her house and move at her age. I hope she will be very happy there. And it will be easier for you to check on her with her being so close.
    River is sure growing. Such an exciting age when they start talking and walking. I can’t believe how long his hair is..
    I hope everything works out for your work move. Everything has a way of working out.
    I am trying to get ready for Thanksgiving. It is a bit overwhelming for sure.

  2. Hi love, praying that you got to work safely with no mad drivers driving at you.
    I’m glad that Mums move is getting nearer and nearer, I know you have been pleased to have her stay but there comes a time when it’s time to move on..I just hope she settles down in her new lovely home…George is so kind and good to take her get new mattresses etc. let’s hope it’s delivered on time on Tuesday.
    Hope it’s not to long before you are also on the move work wise ! I’m a bit concerned about the journey but as you say we can only wait and see. No use thinking of the bad side….I’m going now it’s quite late as I normally have Mary’s face creamed etc and she is gone by 7 pm. But it’s 6.45 now. I’m quite tired tonight so looking forward to the rest once she goes ! Night night. God Bless

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: