What a grand time we had at our friend’s, D & L’s, yesterday. Fabulous time! Table decor very pretty. We ended up having a German-themed meal complete with Grilled Lamb and Brats, German potato salad, orzo veggie salad, and German beer and wine.
The lamb had been marinated. It was similar to Sauerbraten – I think.
Yes that would include bacon there in that German salad and fresh parsley from George’s herb garden! 😉
Don knows I love Kolsch and had warned me ahead of time that it was waiting for me! Love the taste of my “go to” choice of beer when not drinking the light version. It was Don that recommended this type of beer as I said one day I was looking for a medium bodied taste. Spot on! Not too dark and stout, not too Pilsner-ish!
Yay, I cooked some brownies. They didn’t actually cut very good but they were great. I think we have one left! lol
BROWNIES with Choc Chips So I forgot to add the vanilla but they were still good. I also used Dark Choc Cocoa. Recipe is there above in the link. I saved the website to Pinterest so I can go back there. Jack and Jeanne have the website and they have some other really neat recipes. You can follow them by email too at their “Love and Lemons” website.
We got to spend some time with fur babies! And after dinner we hung out in the pool, floating on noodles and having conversations. Good times, good friends.
IT DID OUR SOULS WONDERS! THESE FOLKS ARE FAMILY!
GUS is the little grey poodle and Reese is the Standard brown and beige poodle. So sweet. Love seeing the fur babes.
Reasons to Love Monday and the Start to a New Week
So it’s Monday again. And as blogger friend Heather G used to say “There are many reasons to love Monday if you just look for them”.
- I feel refreshed after both a productive and relaxing weekend.
- I no longer feel rushed.
- It’s George’s birthday week.
- I get my nails done after work today.
- Going to have fun at the store on Tuesday. (I enjoy the store run when I’m not harried.)
- I went through some recipes and have new ones I had saved a while back and will fix for the fam to contribute to the cooking scene.
- Mom and I get our pedis together Wednesday night and its rumored we may take home fajitas from the next door Mexican restaurant.
- Did I mention it’s George’s birthday week? Lots of meals out this week. Some with friends/family.
- I started the next video so I have glee in my soul and have something started to edit in my spare minutes this week.
See you guys back on Wednesday morning! Tomorrow’s my early day so not post tomorrow. Everyone take care.