The new headphones came in. No make up here! Warning! In relax mode! I decided to order these with an extra person coming in the house. I can listen to video clips and do editing at any time and don’t have to be quiet. I can listen to music and with these big honkers on my head people can see me working and know I’m getting in some “me” time. Nothing says “do not disturb” like some big honker headphones. One thing is for sure. I like my quiet time a couple of times a day. Some in the morning and some in the afternoon. An introvert requires it for sanity and rejuvenation.
Family has Flown Back Home
So no sooner than they got here, they are off again headed for their flight. Katy, Cody, and Little Roo flew home Saturday mid-day with a slightly delayed flight. Once in Dallas they had a two hour trip home, had to go pick up the dog Findlay and she said they all had to have a bath including the dog! lol. So they are glad to be home to relax some and since Katy is out of school she is happy to have nothing to do this week but unpack and enjoy being home.
Just playing around on Canva and made a b/g for my Home Screen. You are welcome to snag it if you want. Sometimes I like having multi designs on the Lock Screen. But it doesn’t really show up that much to tell you the truth. The background cannot be too busy or you can’t find your apps.
Summer Party with Friends. Christmas Gift Swap and a Pool Party!
We had a fine time at our friend Don and Lisa’s house. Above is their doggie Reese, named after Reese cup for his coloring. Such a sweet standard poodle. I was so incredibly tired though. I sat by the pool for a long while and just “vegged out”. I want to have our friends over for some fun too, but I’m not having anyone over til the floors are done. We are getting close folks! Very very close. Mom’s move #1 will be over with by the end of next weekend. ONE CAN ONLY HOPE! So I’ll be pushing for these floors. I’m at the end of the rope were the floors are concerned. The carpets have been abused way to long and now they are abusing us! lol. Flooring yes…. This has to happen!
Lisa had beautiful decor, as always! So pretty and inviting. I didn’t take pics of people for the blog. Not everyone likes to have their faces on display for the masses. I get it. Quite honestly, I enjoy taking pics of the decor and the food anyway!
Lisa had the most awesome watermelon salad. And I called it “salad fest”, with the hot temps outside in the 90’s, having the salads was so appetizing. I don’t have the names of all the salads, but they were all tasty.
George made an Orzo salad. This is it above. Loved it!
This was a coconut cream pie that George bought. It looked good to him. I bought some chocolate fudge iced brownies. Yummo.
As seen poolside. Love the birds on the cushions.
Lisa has beautiful landscaping and flowers. This was in the pool area. No pics of the pool area as people were all around. Trying to be respectful.
By the time it was time for us to get home to Roger dog, the sun was starting to go down. Snapped a pic of the sunset coming through Nashville. It was fiery through the clouds.
Video has gone live today. See previous entry.
If you didn’t see the previous entry, the video is now live. See the previous post for the link. These are a labor of love. I used to worry when not many watched them. I quickly got over that. It seems when you post it and walk away (after letting folks know it is out) it just happens that a few will go in a watch. My niche is out there somewhere. Working FT is hard to find time to put into finding my niche. The truth is I don’t have to be successful on YouTube, I don’t need it. I have enough money to retire before too long. But it is a goal to increase the subscriber load and to develop a following. When I sit down to try and realize where I want to go with this, and what my “success line” is with this, I realize I’m already reaching it within. The whole thing is a hobby and the fun is in the learning and in the sharing of our lives with you. I’m already doing all that. I’ve reached success already. If the things gets tossed around and grows and provides value to someone then that is good too. I just enjoy doing it, so I’m not letting myself get disappointed if the numbers are slow to grow. I was kinda the same way with the blog. The fewer that read it the less trolls you’d have, lol.
Trip to Mom’s for a few last loads…
Imagine George’s surprise at pulling what appeared to be a dead body from the attic. I’m sure you’ll see this clip again somewhere.
And the follow up….We concluded the dead body was “Mrs. White”. LOL. Mom used the mannequin when she used to sell Premiere Jewelry.
Meanwhile Little Roo was good at the airport and slept a lot too. I’m gonna miss our little man. I wish we could be near him often where we could babysit and play and spend time with him.
So what did we do today? Here was the line up!
We were on the road by 9:30 a.m. and then went to Mom’s and I packed up the remaining 1 last box of the guest bedroom items, taped and boxed some remaining kitchen items, hauled canned goods and pantry items to the car. Stayed at the bottom of the attic while George handed things down. Mom gave me the Lane cedar chest that was up there. And it’ll have to come back on the U-Haul truck.
We also brought all of Dad’s many fiddles here on this load as we were coming straight home so they wouldn’t sit in the heat. And so we came home and unloaded everything for the basement and put the canned/pantry goods upstairs as Mom said we’d need to use some of that stuff up. She also wants us to use some of the freezer items when it arrives. I guess she pay rent with food, ha ha! We will tease her.
OK so…then I had to run to Target. I wanted to buy some more of the towels I had bought but apparently they were popular. On line they were outrageous. And they were gone in the store. So I had to buy plain white towels but they were made by the same company so I know they will wash well and hold up.
I would have bought more from Target but their store would not let me see my Alexa grocery list that was on line. So tough tooty Target, I went to Kroger then and bought the rest of what I needed because if you block internet service for your customers then….you lose some profit! Those that have lists on their phone can’t see what they need. That’s bad, really bad.
So yep, off to Kroger I went for the rest of my things. And happily so. Thank you Kroger for allowing me to see my Alexa grocery list! You rock! You get the sale!
The home to unload groceries. George had mowed and showered. He fixed us a cranberry and vodka and so I decided to do a blog entry while I drank it.
Another busy one.
Well, this is just another one of those busy crazy sink or swim kinda weeks with all of us. Including Mom, b/c so much needs to happen.
- First of all we have to work Full Time this week all week.
- My sunglasses broke so going in early Mon to take a long lunch to go get those fixed.
- Arrange with the storage place to pay for the big storage unit coming open on the 19th and get the keys/lock Saturday morning. (Pray for us b/c if this doesn’t come open we are in trouble and have to figure something out).
- Set up Fancy’s August trim (yes have to book that far in advance)
- Mom has to get all her utilities set to change over to new people and cable and security and all that.
- I need to find Mom a heart doc and a regular doc here in town or nearby
- Mom needs to have her mail forwarded if not already via post office
- I have a hair appt Wednesday
- Go get Mom on Thursday evening – we get her, the last loads we can fit in two car loads. George is coming with me and he’s driving her car back.
- Friday afternoon Mom has her first eye appointment (injection in the eye) in Hendersonville (I’ve been going in early on Tuesday’s to be able to get in extra hours for the month to take off for a Friday eye appointment once a month)
- This weekend is the BIG U-HAUL move. It will HOPEFULLY be all over by the end of the weekend.
- And try to get this house in order, iron, fold laundry change George’s sheets
- And will be trying to adjust the house for Mom as she needs it with more fans, more lights, moving things where she won’t trip, etc. George has already been training her how to use the TV. lol
- After this week, I’m looking forward to planning with Mom being here: Meal planning, excursion planning, shopping trip for me some pants, and maybe a top or two, flooring, planning Mom’s birthday, 4th of July, and George’s birthday. And maybe just maybe a little excursion away for a long weekend somewhere? Who knows.
Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel ya’ll! But it ain’t over quite yet. Prayers please for this final final leg, this last final week of moving!